How to use your set with the white portable espresso maker?
1. Build up the pressure to 16 bar, with the pump, as with a bicycle pump.
2. Add hot water (from a thermos-insulated bottle or a kettle).
3. Put the espresso coffee of your choice and serve a good quality espresso.
4. Press the valve to extract your coffee and enjoy your espresso!
How long does it take to prepare a good espresso on-the-go ?
After around 30 strokes to build up the pressure and after having added hot water (95°C), you can release the pressure and drink an espresso with a perfect crema.
In less than a minute, your coffee is ready wherever you are, in the office, trekking or traveling.
What type of coffee to use with your portable coffee maker?
Your manual espresso machine uses E.S.E. espresso pods (stiff pods) or ground coffee.
Much smaller than Senseo pods, the E.S.E pods are also much stiffer.
The coffee inside the pods has been tamped, so it requires a 16-bar pressure to pass through the pod and create the nice crema, which characterizes a perfect espresso.
Extra tips for a perfect use
- We advise you to preheat your cup with very hot water.
- Fold the tab of the pod to ensure a perfect watertightness.
- To clean the portafilter of your manual espresso machine Handpresso Pump white, just rinse it with tap water.
- Read the tips to become an on-the-go barista with Handpresso Pump.
*Easy Serving Espresso, Italian pod format